Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Dream to Paint!!!

Happy Friday Friends!  

At the end of May I made the decision to reach for a dream.  I wanted so much to go to Italy to paint with Misty Mawn.  I had been dreaming about it for months but finances were not there for a trip like this.  
I knew I couldn't do it on my own. I had to dig deep to find the courage to ask for help.  
I asked...and you answered. 
 You, my friends in the real world, my family, and my on line art community of kindred spirits all rallied with me to make it happen. 
I found out I have many dear friends I have.  Some friends weren't able to help financially but sent me the kindest messages of support and well wishes.  That meant so much to me.  

In one week from today I will be in Italy!  It still hasn't really sunk in yet.  I finally started packing today.
Every step I take along this journey I will think of all of you and imagine you there with me.  

Thank you for believing in me
Thank you for dreaming with me
Thank you for sharing with me


As a special thank you I promised that one of you would receive an original painting in a random drawing.  
I carefully added all your names into a tiny box and drew the lucky winner.  

Congratulations to: 


I may have to do another drawing when I return from Italy.  It is so fun!


Art connects my heart to yours
Art brings me to my truest home
Art is life and love

Thank you so much everyone.
Your Friend,
Jenny :)

21 comments:

  1. oh lovey...I can hardly wait to see your journey really happen!
    makes my heart smile just thinkin' about it.
    Thank you for the gift of YOU and the joy you bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lucinda!
    Jenny it's like getting to go along!
    Soak it all up and tell us all about it when you get back!
    Have the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny... I am SOOOOO excited for you... just reading your words now... I was almost jumping up and down in my chair... dreams do come true... and I couldn't be happier for you... enjoy... and I can't wait to see the beauty you create in Italy...

    Hugs
    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny I hope you share every step of the way what you're up to!! Wonderful art you are sharing!! Congratulations to Lucinda!

    Hope you have a marvelous time!! All you can do is ask, because if you don't the answer will always be NO!!
    Glad you took the chance!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. your journey has been inspiring, jenny. you will love italy. i hope you are able to take the time to truly soak in some of the country - for once you do - she never leaves you. wishing you safe travels and the journey of journeys to remember and cherish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely time dear. You (& your beautiful art) are an inspiration to us all!

    Peace & Blessings,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time, you deserve it. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! I was wondering about you just this week - hoping that you were able to make the trip after all. I am thrilled for you - you wanted something and GOT it! AND I know that you will have a trip of a lifetime. Say hi to Misty Mawn - and have so much fun!!!
    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sooooo happy for al the good things they come on your way.I can't find my name on the sponsors site ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you, Jenny. I know you will make the most of your time there. Your painting under the hand is so gorgeous. You really do faces beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so, so , SO happy for you! That is so exciting and I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about you trip. It will be a trip of a lifetime for sure. Cheers to accomplishing a dream and all the wonderful people who have helped you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I week to go... I can't wait to see your work when you get back... you will learn so much... I hope this is everything you hope it will be.... Have fun !!! ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to Lucinda for winning this GORGEOUS painting by you!
    She is one lucky duck!!

    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sooo excited that you will fulfill your dream!!! You will have a blast in Italy with Misty! I want to hear all about it when you get back! Be safe, have fun, and have a little Italian gelato for me, ok??? :-)
    And give Misty a hug from me....aka Lucy from Open Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats to Lucinda! Jenny enjoy the journey!!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats to Lucinda! Jenny enjoy the journey!!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bon Voyage Jenny! Have a wonderful time, and come back with lasting, vivid memories!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is gorgeous, you are so good! :)

    and a happy winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. and --

    I wish you a joyful journey and stay in Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!