Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Published!!! Happy PPF!

Happy Friday All, it is a great day!  The sun is shining and I'm feeling so happy in this moment.  
I drove my boy to school this morning and we were singing the whole way there.  
It's not like that every morning, today was just special.  We're feeling relieved that my father in law is ok.  We got news yesterday that he was in the hospital having chest pains.  The doc thinks he may have just exhausted himself doing yard work.  He is having some tests but will hopefully be heading home to rest soon. 
We are loving this song by the new American Idol, Phillip Phillips!  
I stayed up late to vote for him and I'm thrilled that he won.  Did anyone see the show?  
I totally cried, he was so sweet and humble.  It's magical to see a dream coming true.

One of my dreams came true this week!  My Jane Eyre painting was published in the summer edition of Somerset Studio Gallery with a story by Misty Mawn!!!  I was thrilled to be there along  with fellow artists: Karen Kay, Carissa Paige, Maureen Clancey, and Andrea Woodyat.  
A few of my favorite blog friends were featured too, Francesca Di Leo, Diane Salter, and Wanda Miller!

I've been on a roller coaster of emotions going up and down.  I'm still hoping and dreaming to go to Italy and paint with Misty Mawn.  I have reached 10% of my goal thus far.  I keep going back and forth wondering if I should just give up because it seems impossible.  I want to believe it will happen.  I requested the time off from work just in case.  I did the math and if all my facebook friends sponsored $7.00 I would be able to go. 

Thank you so much to my friends and sponsors, I'm grateful for your kindness♥

Keeping the Dream Alive,
Jenny♥


My name in print!!!

close up of the messy stage

on my art table

working on a custom portrait

Hi from Lucy

25 comments:

  1. So glad your father-in-law is okay.

    Congratulations on your Jane Eyre painting being published in the summer edition of Somerset Studio Gallery with a story by Misty Mawn!!! That's amazing!

    Don't give up on your Italy dream!
    Love your photo of Lucy, too.
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, congratulations on being published. Your work is really gorgeous. I love the wip of the commissioned portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy to have come upon you here, it's my first visit and I love your art work, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you! Beautiful work. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being published Jenny. Have a great weekend. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG congratulations Jenny... how wonderful to see your beautiful work in print... glad that your father in law is ok... and YES... keep your dream alive... it sounds magical... Italy with Misty Mawn... I can so see you there...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations my friend... so happy and proud for you. xoxo and please please don't give up on the dream... IT WILL HAPPEN. there is no other alternative. i sent you some paypal love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being published! Love Phil Phillips--very touching finale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jenny! and Good Luck making your dream come true! Every artist should visit Italy at least once in their lifetime. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING WORK...YOUR PORTRAITS ARE SO WONDERFUL....CONGRATS ON YOUR PUBLISHING TOO...HOW EXCITING FOR YOU...GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOAL..10% IS GREAT...DON'T GIVE UP...XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being published. Wonderful portraits!! Good luck on your goals!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Jenny on being published. That is so exciting.
    Blessings,
    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful works! Congrats on being published, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! congrats on your publication!! I LOVE your piece, Jane Eyre is my favorite book of all time, loooove it and your piece is so cool. Can't wait to check it out at my local bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must be ecstatic! That's one of my dreams, to be published, but if I don't submit.... Anyway, I did watch the finale. AI was such a big thing here in the Philippines because Jessica Sanchez is half filipino. Even our president asked filipinos in the US to vote for her. I didn't care who won, cause I liked both of them, and whoever didn't win would get a great career already unless they made big mistakes! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  16. jenny congrats on being published!! WOOT!
    ...I love how the portrait is looking....oh my...I am so honored and blessed to have met you so long ago...
    you are so loved #8.....so loved

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots to be smiling about! I'm feeling your upbeat enthusiasm through the screen!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on being published... it looked amazing on the page... such a thrill I am sure..xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your beautiful faces speak for themselves...love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Hi Jenny, thanks for stopping by. So much good stuff going on for you right now!

    I wish you so much luck with realising your dream - you will do it! This is what I did with my art MA - the fundraiser - and it really did help so much. Maybe you could sell some small pieces of art especially for it too? :)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am thrilled for you! I saw that - I LOVE it! Congratulations, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow very misty mawn! I think you need to meet her lol. Just donated a little something. Keep it up girl you will go a long way!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your ladies, well done! :)
    They are just *gorgeous*! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!