Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Dream to Paint, my first art video...

I'm sharing my first video made with the help of my amazing mom.  She's more tech savvy than I am.

The music is "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn

A dream to paint... from Jenny Lee Wentworth on Vimeo.


Hope you like it. ♥



My friend Concetta Perot tagged me in recent blog post. 
Thank you for thinking of me Concetta, here are my answers. :) 

1. How do you keep a sense of balance in your life?
I am better able to balance when I get up early, get dressed, & fix my hair/makeup before my family wakes up. It is a daily challenge for me.  Painting helps me breathe and feel balanced after a busy day.  

2. When was the last time you felt like a child?
I totally felt like a kid last week when I fell while running with my dog. I skinned my elbow and limped all the way home.  My sweet daughter put a band-aid on my elbow for me.  

3. What is the most unusual art / creative material you have worked with?
I once used old dryer sheets to add texture to the background of a painting.

4. How do you feel at the moment when you have finished creating a piece of art / making?
Elated!  Painting is pure bliss for me and when I finish a piece I get so excited and want to share it.

6. What visual image / work  of art leaves you awe-struck?
Davinci’s work always leaves me awestruck. 

7. Would you prefer to live in the city, by the sea or in the mountains?
If I had to choose, I think the sea.  Neskowin and Manzanita are two of my favorite places.  Hawaii would be nice too. ;)

8. What do you do / say to yourself to bring calm when you are anxious / overwhelmed?
I paint. I tell myself out loud not to worry, everything will work out.  Music helps too. 

9. What is the best thing about blogging?
I love the friendships I have made through blogging.  The love and encouragement with other creatives is amazing.  I’ve been lucky enough to meet some of my blog friends in the real world, including the lovely Concetta Perot.

10. What is the worst thing about blogging?
It’s hard to think of one, I love blogging.  I guess it’s frustrating when I have an idea during the week for a great blog post, but when I sit down to type my mind goes blank. 

11. What is your most treasured possession and why?
I keep a little box of treasures that hold love letters from my husband, notes from my children, and a few special photos.  My family means everything to me.   

Sending love from Oregon,
Jenny

17 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, are you going to sell this video? I would buy one, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is absolutely fabulous!! =) What a lovely video clip, put so nice together, I really enjoyed it! :) And the song so beautiful and goes so well togheter with your artistic work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first video....and the music was so beautiful with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, it makes really happy to know you enjoyed it! Glenda, I wasn't planning to sell it, but you can watch it anytime on vimeo or here on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely video and interview, Jenny!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful video, thank you for sharing. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely video ~ well done ~ thanks for sharing ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. You clever girl! So enjoyed visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Powerful gorgeous video!! Loved it...so talented!!Love all your ladies!! Thanks for sharing your intimate self, and creative video!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful video! And fun to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful art...hope your dream trip comes true! Just in my $7 and positively believing you'll make it! I had a dream painting trip that took my 20 yrs to finally take! It was life changing as I'm sure yours will be! ENJOY!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the video. And of course I enjoy following your instagram photos and all the way your creativity just oozes out. You are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny this video is heavenly. I am positive that all of the beautiful women you draw and paint are portraits of either you or your daughter or both! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post! I love your video and all the info you shared...I feel like I know you. ;) I love that your little daughter put a band-aid on your elbow, aren't they so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful video. Loved it! Your art looks amazing anyway, but scrolling through like that really was the icing on the cake!

    I hadn't heard that song before either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL work - I love all the colors you put in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!