Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4/27/12


Hello Friends!  
I'm trying to get back to regular blogging, I've been hibernating the last couple of weeks.  The gray days here can really get to me.  The sun made an appearance over the weekend and it felt so good.  
Thinking of warmer weather means less layers of clothing to hide my plump backside so I need to get myself moving.  I just finished a workout with just dance.  It is so fun! Has anyone ever played it?  Now I just have to make this dancing thing a daily routine. 

I'm still working on a commission for a friend and another friend asked if I could paint a moose for her.  I've never really painted animals but I'm gonna give it a try.  I started another portrait while working on my commissioned piece and I'm absolutely loving it so far!  I shared a few pics below.  

Sending wishes to all for a Happy Weekend!
Much Love,
Jenny


PS:  I've added a sponsor/donation button to my sidebar if you would like to help me get to Italy for a painting class with Misty Mawn.  Anyone who sponsors me will receive a print of one of my paintings and I will add your name/blog to my sidebar with love.  I've been wanting to go for months but it just didn't seem possible.  So I'm dreaming BIG that it can happen!♥♥♥

Janie & Lucy were begging for attention while I was trying to finish my article for Somerset.

Me, exhausted after I finally finished re reading and editing a million times. 

On my easel

pastel portrait

same portrait with acrylic paint over the pastel
Still working on it...
Lucy soaking up some rays in Grandma's backyard

18 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm stopping in from PPF and glad I did! I haven't been here before but I'm your newest follower now! I love to see pics and stories of the artist's pets....yours are adorable. I've got a Shitz myself!

    Your art is great...love the way you do eyes! See you again!

    Cyber hugs, Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the acrylic over the pastel. Such a great technique. I love your work. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did her eyes! Yes DREAM BIG! Hope you get to go to Italy! Blessings and greetings from the Philippines! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally loving this painting! Great job! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All you do is so well done, so beautiful and fun to see. I can imagine a gallery full of Jenny W. paintings! All selling like hotcakes! Congrats on the published article too...can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy is a very cute doggy... and the canvas is looking really great...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the process!! Adorable doggie!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Missy A-team buddy :) Sounds like you are non stop with the painting...how great! Beautiful girl in progress, love the hues you get..so dreamy. Looking forward to seeing her finished. Now go and shake that juicy bahoochie of yours and I shall join you :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Acrylic on cake? a combination which I will have to test, your girl has a texture in the picture that I like. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've been very busy! Beautiful work that you're working on :) and good luck trip to Italy! that sounds amazing!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love your pastel portrait!!
    Lucy is precious, too! :)

    By the way, I also love dancing...so fun that it doesn't feel like exercise. :)

    Beautiful, Patsy!
    Love the background and lace color and portrait!
    I love working on several pieces at a time, too. :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing how your paintings come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So clever. I really like your style of art and the white flowers in the girl's hair are perefct.
    LOVELY!!!!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm Telling You True Jenny, I'm Feelin' Your Art More And More These Days. Yes, Feelin'. Sometimes A Composition doesn't Do Anything But Lay There. Renoir Once Wrote In A Letter To A Fellow Artist Friend, That He Had Been Scraping Back His Canvases (a lot that week) Because His Subject's Had No Life. Said They Appeared Lifeless To Him And He Just Couldn't Have It.

    Everytime I Work on Portraiture or the human face, I remember His words. Today I'm Thinkin' It's The "Eyes" In Your Newest Pieces. Or Maybe The Tilt Of Your Subject's Head..Or The Way you Position Their Mouths' and chin. Anyway, There is Definite Progression In Your Style. And Guess what? They come across as having LIFE. Don't Ever Give Up Jenny. Not Because of the Lack Of Sunshine in Your Region..or Because You Aren't Happy At A Particular Moment. I'm Encouraging You Because I've Had Plenty Of Reason To Give Up in The Previous Six Months, And I'm Still Holding True To The Gift. God Gives Us Each In Perfect Portion ~ And In Perfect Timing. I'm Excited To See What You Do With What You've Received. xo and Sunshine, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  16. It´s so interesting to be able to witness an artist´s process. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how you combine mediums - and writing in your art. Your banner is so fun - love the shoes too:-)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!