Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

i am here

i am here


i am here, i am still here.  my mind is wandering and jumbled. i’m stumbling but i am still here. i have been witness to so much love this week.  i keep thinking i hear something but can’t seem to focus, then i realize i left the water running and now it’s spilling out onto the floor.
i am here at the hospital, i try to be strong. i am holding his hand now but he’ll soon be gone.  he is ready to leave now but still holding on.  he’ll wait for his son before he moves on.  i am here in a circle around a man we all loved. his son made it here just in time. we sing, we tell stories, we laugh, and we cry. we tell him that now it is his turn to fly.
then he is gone in the blink of an eye.

away with his soul
to the heavens he’ll go
and happily meet
in reunion sweet





 I am at peace with the passing of my friend.  I'm looking forward to spending a Happy Christmas with my family.  I haven't wrapped a single present yet but I'll get there. 

Wishing you all very Merry and a Healthy Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. Sending lots of love Jenny... big hugs and Christmas wishes...

    Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and much Love...
    This post is very touching and written from your soul. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching, poignant poem; beautiful good bye, send off, lucky friend who had you holding his hand then.

    Sending: Love and hugs in this holiday time and throughout the new year to come.

    Look forward to more beautiful ladies in paintings and wax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts of you during, this time, and hope the time with your family will bring you some peace. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a post. I am so sorry for you and the passing of your friend. Your description is perfect - it is how you feel exactly when someone so close to you is almost gone.. Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Jenny. Sending love to you. And then more love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute, and reminder of the precious gift of friendship and life. Sending warm hugs and a virtual cup of tea your way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful and touching poem. Sending big hugs! I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh friend. Im so very sorry. You are in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!