Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Painting, pottery, and my lucy...

It's Friday!!! No school for the kiddos today and no work for me!  Well, some work...I can't ignore the dust and dishes forever and it does feel good to have a clean house.  I'm trying to clean, paint, play with my babes today, and share some art with you!
Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend a Saturday at the studio of an amazing local potter, Craig Martell.  Craig is a master and makes it look so easy.  He is have a studio sale soon!  Those of you in the Salem area might be interested.  


some of craig's work

After watching Craig it was my turn to try!  Queue the ghost soundtrack here. :)
It was so fun, I could have played for hours.



I've been working on another Marie Antoinette painting too, I think I might do a series of them.



Here's a few pics of a painting in progress.  I love painting!  I never know how a piece might turn out.





My little Lucy was missing me on Saturday so I got a special treat for her.  Vanilla ice cream is her favorite!
Sending wishes to you for a Happy Weekend!  Thank you for your friendship here in this little space, it means a lot to me. :)

♥Jenny

13 comments:

  1. You are so good at painting - do you know that?! And little Lucy is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lucy is lovely! My dog's favourite food is carrots!

    And the pottery! Oh! I would love to give that a go! And your paintings!!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeehee..I've got "unchained melody" crooning away in my mind now..thankfully not the saucy image to go with it though!!:)
    L-O-V-I-N-G your Marie Antionette piece...how cool, I've always wanted to have a dress up in a corset and BIG wig like hers..strange but true!
    Sweet Lucy..gorgeous just like her ice cream giving mumma :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pottery looks like so much fun!! Your painting are beautiful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL about the ghost song! I loved that part in that movie. Love your marie sketch and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving every bit of this post
    :)
    :)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your painting is coming - both Marie and that beautiful face you are working on! Gorgeous expression - marvelous! You look like a natural at the pottery wheel and your sweet Lucy is adorable. What an uplifting post - thank you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun! I've always wanted to learn to make pottery. This looks like a lot of fun and it comes out beautifully! Love your sketches too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola, soy tellezmerida, muchas gracias por las opiniones sobre mis dibujos. Me gustan esas creaciones, felicidades, y a seguir creando ...chao, estamos en el aire...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Felidades por tu trabajo, y muchas gracias por tu opinión sobre mis dibujos. Chao, gracias

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome...that you've been enjoying your painting and now pottery! Keep enjoying, the housework can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love all your adventures!
    & your art is always soooo
    pretty! LOVE 2u!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK. I've been wanting to drop by for a while to tell you that your work has been BLOWING me away! Every time you post something new you are growing leaps and bounds. I LOVE your Marie Antoinette!

    I also wanted to thank-you for your support last week. I could feel your heart shine through your words and it meant a great deal to me dear girl. Thank-you for letting me know I was not alone in the darkness. Sending you lots of LOVE and letting you know that I am admiring your work very much. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!