Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Day, I love my friends!

I took a little time out over the weekend to get together with some dear friends: Judy, Melinda, and Ruth. Judy was our fabulous hostess and had the most delicious bounty from her garden to share! We all brought something yummy to eat and some gorgeous art to enjoy. It was just what I needed. Here's a few pics of the day. :)


Love this little mantra in Judy's studio, it reads "May beauty surround you"




Yum, goodness from the garden and homemade croutons on the salad!  Thank you Judy!





Melinda made these red velvet cupcakes from scratch, they were ever so good!
I love how the bitty crumb on top looks like a heart♥




I love this encaustic piece by Judy.





Some of Judy's dolls, makes me want to play with clay.





Had fun looking through an old journal.





Melinda brought some amazing work to share. The picture doesn't do it justice. She's awesome!





Melinda and Judy adding a final touch to this beautiful creation by Melinda!





Melinda has been a busy lady. She'll be filling up a gallery soon no doubt!




Ruth with one of her gorgeous watercolor works.  Wish I would've taken more pics, she is so talented!





And a couple of my pieces on the bottom left of this pic!




I'm such a homebody it was so wonderful to enjoy a day with these creative sisters! 
 


Friends are the best! Sending love to you my bloggy friends, lets make some art this week!
Xo Jenny :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

17 comments:

  1. Yes miss carlanda that's Judy Wise. She's a wonderful lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fun, didn't we??? I think we need another reunion soon. Or a collaborative work/fun day. Or a potluck. Or dreams of flying. Or maybe all of the above!!! Friends are the gifts that keep on giving! I love where you are at with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw those dolls I knew your friend Judy was THE Judy Wise herself! How fun. So glad you had this wonderful day with the Queen!!! Bet those veggies were good; and all the art looks nummy too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it all! next time you see judy. hugs for her.
    and you too. smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how SuperFun!!!
    i love this
    whole combination!!
    eeeeeeeee!
    love to you/xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This IS the most perfect day!! And Judy Wise--wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look like a fun day! Eating,art and friends what more can a girl want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny,
    great memories for me :) Thanks for spurring us on to get together. It was just what I needed. I can't believe how fast the afternoon went! I love the photo of the red velvet cupcake & its tiny heart. I finally got it together to add your link to my blog :)
    xo Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. How super fun your gathering looked! Makes me want to play with clay too. Maybe this fall. Finally the blog is able to post, but not all glitches gone. Blogger must have a ton of fixing to do. I am ready to get painting as Sammie returns to school in 9 days. Thanks for the juicy inspiration! xo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fantastic time with a very creative, talented group of ladies. So fun! I am so glad you had a chance to spend time with friends...we all need that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day Jenny!! Thanks for sharing with us! Beautiful friends, and beautiful art . . .what more can you ask for?! :)

    I sooo want one of those cupcakes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a day of creative fun and lots of love!

    thank you for sharing your special time with us ... friends are a treasure!!

    i hope we can create together sometime sweets!

    oxox
    k

    ReplyDelete
  13. Food + ART + Friends...it doesn't get better then that. I'm so happy for you that you had the chance to fill up your well with such inspiring and kind creative women. You are such a light in this world Jenny and you deserve many many happy moments. Have a wonderful weekend, love danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww, friends are just the greatest especially ones that inspire and you can get messy with. Add cupcakes into that equation and you have created heaven...if I develop the art of teleportation between now and your next get together do you think you could spare a place for me? :)xx

    Thankyou so much for making me swell and smile with your beautiful comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you enjoyed every last crumb (love the heart shaped one on the cupcake.) Art plus friends...definitely a fabulous combination!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun n' fab! What a wonderful day!
    I am jealous ;D The art is stunning and the smiles huge! So happy the gathering created so much magic xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!