Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Paint, plaster, and more paint...

It's Monday night here in Oregon.  I finally broke away from the art supplies long enough to put away some laundry away and do a few dishes.  I'm feeling like house work is is such a waste of my precious time lately.  I just want to play 24/7.  I have to be careful of not becoming anti social too, so I'm trying to plan a few friend dates here and there.  It's good to step away and come back to the work with a fresh eye.  
Here's the progression of what I've worked on this past week.  She's not quite finished yet but I really like her!







This is the finished fresco on plaster I started last week.  She's supposed to look like a an old roman piece.


On the homefront things are going really well.  I just had my annual review at work and I am an excellent employee...phew.  I get nervous about reviews every year but it always turns out great.  
My boy was chosen for the All-star little league team and their 1st game is tomorrow, I'm so proud!  
Lucy  has made herself right at home and sleeps by me every night.  She's my new baby and we're all in love with her.  She and the kitty are close to becoming friends, I hope(fingers crossed). 


If you've ever had a doggy before you know they can get a bit stinky!  I've been giving her a bath once a week to keep her shiny and clean and stink free.  This last pic is Lucy after her bath yesterday.  


Thank you to everyone who visited me on my last post.  I was afraid after all my bloggy issues that my friends  might forget me.  Each comment was like a little gift and I'm thankful for each and every one of you!
Love to you and happy art making,
♥Jenny

18 comments:

  1. I would like to paint around the clock, too. And especially I would like to try the plaster-thing, because I think your painting turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work as usual Jenny! And Lucy us also just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your art Jenny, and that Lucy!!--what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just like you lately,I just want to paint or sketch all the time,never want to clean anymore and when I do its always a quick job. I'm glad I'm not the only one.Love your new girl. That class sounds like fun. And Lucy is just a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your fresco painting. Very nice and what an adorable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how could we ever forget you sweet girl! your paintings are wonderful and i agree about the housework. lucy is adorable! much love to you. carlanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jenny...and housework = YUCK - I would MUCH rather being painting too. :) Have a happy, creative week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! I have a home where the dust bunnies party freely now, they've even stopped bothering tying to keep it low key! :)
    Ooooh I love your roman lady... the piece has a real aged and regal look about it. Lovely!
    How could your work review go any other way?..you oooze loveliness :)
    Well done to your wonder boy too HUGS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fabulous idea to schedule friend dates!! I need to do that. I have such a hard time pulling myself away from working to do something fun. Next thing I know all my friends have wrinkles and I can't remember their names! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Jenny, Loved The Photos Of Your Precious Babies! And I Know Precisely What You Mean About Wanting To Create 24/7. Gets Deep Into The Soul Doesn't It? By The Way, Your Newest Pieces Are Fabulous! Sending You A Hug This Evening, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenny,

    it's lovely to see your art journey grow and grow :) I so know what you mean about not wanting to do housework, it definitely does feel like a waste of time when there's art to be done :0

    Aw - what a lovely pic of kitten and dog, almost makes me want to get one of each!

    take care,

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny!

    I am so drawn to your drawings. They make me feel like I am back in time and I LOVE that!!!

    Your little Lucy is SO ADORABLE!!! I wish I had a little Lucy for my little Frodo!

    Keep at it dear one... I love seeing the growth in your work. Beautiful!

    Happy painting! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. such gorgeous women
    & dear animals!!!
    looooove to you!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is exactly how I feel lately...that damn stuff is just getting in my way :D

    Your new painting is beautiful~ Lucy is adorable; I love her name! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty work. I totally know what you mean.. who wants to do housework when you can be painting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work, I too find I want to create all the time, started hoovering yesterday, got to the stairs and everything stopped - got distracted and started looking through my art supplies:) Lovely visit, stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know how you feel! It can be so hard to drag yourself away from inspiration and do those mundane little things. Glad to hear things are going well, and that you're an excellent employee :) happy painting!~

    ReplyDelete
  18. looking at your art brings a smile to my face!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!