Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Twilight Weekend and a work in progress...

Yes, you know if you've visited me before that I am a twilight nerd. My daughter and I have read all the books and gone to the midnight movie premieres. Please don't judge me. :)

A dear friend of mine(also a twilight nerd) is expecting her 1st baby this summer and was in serious need of a getaway before being tied down with mommy duties. So we planned a fun little weekend drive to Forks, Washington! We brought along my friends mom too, she is so cute.


I think the sun came out just to welcome us.


This sign is in the window of the Fork's Visitors Center. They have a book inside they like everyone to write down where they came from. I flipped through and was stunned to see how far fans had come. People came from Brazil, the Phillipines, Australia, Germany, the UK, and all over the US.


Here's me, the wind was blowing so it was hard to get a good picture.

My darling girl Emma. They had cardboard cutouts in the visitors center that they let us use!

The truck in the background is from the movie. I think she and Jacob look really cute together!

Ok, this is not a twilight character. It's Damon from the Vampire Diaries. I have a teeny crush on him.

Here's Emma in front of Jacob's house

Beautiful La Push Beach. The tide was really high so we weren't able to walk along the beach.

Finally, I just wanted to share a little work in progress.

The face is just a little sketch I drew ages ago. I made a photo copy of her

and adhered her to the canvas along with some transfers. I'm just having

fun playing and getting messy with paint. I'm not really sure where she's going.


Thank you all for the well wishes on my last post. I finally went to the doctor and he said it was just a virus and I should be feeling better soon. I am feeling better, in large part to you my friends!


Sending love from Oregon♥

Jenny

18 comments:

  1. It look like you had a great weekend! My youngest is hugely jealous! I am so glad you are feeling better and I am loving your new piece. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh sounds like you had a lot of fun!!

    I'll take Damon, over any of the twilight boys (although Jacob is pretty cute) lol ;)

    Love the colours in your painting.

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very fun weekend!! I'm not a Twilight fan, but I saw Kristen Stewart last summer in person on the David Letterman show--does that count? You should have seen all of the fans outside waiting for her.
    Isn't it fun just to fool around with your artwork--I can't wait to see what she tells you to do next--just listen and she'll tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I love Twilight. I love what your working on & can't wait to see where you go with it! ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so hard to tell you and your daughter apart..you young and stunning girls :)
    Oooh I have to admit to watching the twilight saga and while I wasn't too impressed with the films, the rippling torso was very enjoyable :) haha!
    Glad you are feeling better, loving your work in progress..I love the faces you paint, so serene looking...
    big hugs to you
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be ashamed for liking Twilight! I LOVED the books, they were fabulous! Not as crazy about the movies as I thought they could have been much better, but the characters chosen were chosen well I thought. What a fun trip this must have been for you and your daughter! I just watched Twilight this weekend! LOL.
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee I am a big Twilight fan as well!!! and it was super fun living though you on your trip to Forks!!! I am an Edward fan... I have these false teeth (the result of a birth defect) anyway I can slip them down and they look like fangs! So I have always thought of myself as semi vampire. Love the painting too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome painting! You are so talented! Glad you have your blog address!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, what a fun trip! I bet you two had a ball, and what a beautiful place to visit! The painting is so striking too, what a lovely face!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time! Love the painting you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is exciting! Thanks so much for sharing! Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post is filled with smiles ..from the cutouts with your beautiful daughter to the beauty of your work...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely painting Jenny!
    Looks like you had a blast on your (what my youngest calls it) an Evenshure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how super fun to
    experience a
    twilight tour!
    (i've read them
    all) :)
    loove your work
    in progress/weaving
    an older drawing
    into the present.
    & well wishes, dear!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two look like you could have been in the movie yourselves :) Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey sweet Jenny, sorry it's been such a while since I've visited! Glad to hear you're feeling better...and what a cool weekend you had, sounds (and looks from the fab pics) like heaps of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the painting is gorgeous just as it is. I like that tiny bit of colour against all the white and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

    my page :: 激安プラダ バッグ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!