Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

week 1 sketching

Happy Happy Almost Friday!!!
This has been such a crazy week...
My blow dryer broke, my oven died, my dryer broke, and this morning the garbage disposal got clogged. I was able to fix the disposal on my own thankfully. You should see my house right now. I've got rope strung across the dining room with clothes hanging on it to dry. :)
I'm making do. I'm going to shop around for a new dryer tomorrow. It's so funny that as soon as I start part time work, everything goes on the fritz.
I'm so loving Misty Mawn's class! If you ever have a chance to take one of her workshops you won't be disappointed. This week we are working on drawing. It's been fun to play around with the pencils and I just recently discovered stump shaders from Misty's supply list for class. They are wonderful!

Here's a couple sketches I worked on this week.



Drawing is not one of my strengths but I'm excited to keep practicing and hopefully get better at it. Misty makes it look so easy. Watching her sketch in her videos is just like magic.

Much Love to you my friends!
♥Jenny

12 comments:

  1. Awwww, love your birdie....did you make it? Lovely sketches too :)
    I've only just discovered Misty Mawn and am so envious that you are taking her course! Looks amazing!
    Thats pooo about all your gadgets going on the blink! Funny how it all happens at the same time...my house always looks like a laundry house with clothes hanging every where!! So you are not alone :)
    Thankyou for your lovely words on my blog.....means alot.
    Big hugs to you
    love the other Jenny! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have taken this class--Misty Mawn is one of my favorites--YOur sketchings are awesome--you are a natural,and yes the blending stump!! I couldn't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your bird & woman!
    i truly adore the
    spirit of you who
    spills on to paper.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny, you are growing by leaps and bounds! Drawing is not one of my strengths either but I have found it quite therapeutic this week. Misty does make it look so easy and natural. She is a generous teacher and I am SO enjoying the class. So sorry to hear about all of the bumps in the road this week with the appliances. That sounds like a very taxing week. Looking forward to seeing your fabulous work in week two. I will finally be posting some sketches today. Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny~ thank you! the little birdie was a gift from a good friend of mine. i l-o-v-e birds. ♥

    diane~ oh, thank you! i think you can still sign up for the class if you're interested! :)

    rachel~thank you so much for your kind words. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you danielle! i'll pop by later and check out your sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny - it is crazy that as soon as you go part time your machines start to break down!

    Loving the birdies! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely Jenny! So sweet.
    Ah man, don't you just love when
    everything breaks at once?!
    I love you fixed the disposal
    all by yourself!

    xo,
    carissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sketch turned out terrific...you know how much I love birds. Enjoy the rest of your class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so good that you are drawing. Working that muscle just gets it stronger and stronger. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ARE an artist, that's for sure! I found your blog from the comments section in Judy Wise's blog, and remembered you from the workshop I took with Judy this past Oct. in Portland. (I was the older woman at your table.) Glad you could cut back on your work hours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birdie is so cute; Sorry to hear about all the drama. Life is like that for me, too~ Last year on Thanksgiving, our fridge started to die. Then it was the dishwasher...

    Keep at it, you will improve! I bet collage week, you will shine!
    xXx I can't wait to see more of your work~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!