Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Creative Color Challenge...

I just wanted to quickly share what I made for Louise Gale's
Creative Color Challenge Ornament Exchange.
I wasn't sure about taking on another task when I'm
already so busy but I couldn't resist.
I embroidered the ornaments on muslin, then
tea dyed them with cinnamon tea.
Then I used my handy glue gun to adhere them to
a mini canvas. Finally I added a lovely red ribbon around the border
with room left at the top to tie them around the branches of the
Christmas tree.
These ornaments will be shipped off tomorrow to Texas, Scotland, and New Jersey.
It felt good to sit and quietly stitch. I've had so much
focus on painting that I've neglected my needle n thread.
I'm thankful to the lovely Louise for this fun opportunity. If you haven't
heard, Louise is having an amazing online class called
Big Dreams, small wonders. You can find out more

Thank you to all that signed up for my Giveaway and a
Big Thank you to my new followers! :)
If you're interested in putting your name in there's still time,
just leave a comment here.

Wishing you all a Happy Happy Day!
♥Jenny




10 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny they are just lovely! Much like their creator! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny!! These are wonderful--another talent of yours--don't forget about it--anything hand-stitched is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those ornaments and the pictures are so fun. I am so impressed by your beauty Jenny, inside and out. Someday I'll have you teach me the tea dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely ornaments and please send me a cookie!!! Num!!!! You are having fun, me too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these ornaments are darling!!!! love the pics!!

    you are one talented chica!!!

    oxoxoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I'm so delighted to hear I am one of the lucky ones to be receiving one of your beautiful sewn ornaments. Sooo pretty!I hope there is still a faint smell of cinnamon...yummmmm!
    I actually am sending you an ornament too ..it is winging its way to you as I type...hope you like it!
    So nice to meet you and thankfully my computer is now letting me follow you. I've been trying since I was given your details!:)
    Biggest of hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog...aren't holiday creations the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty and I love their
    timeless appeal~

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are dear, jenny!
    & i'm sending you
    peace, love & joy!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! One of those lucky peeps is ME! Jenny i adore your ornament and cant wait to hang on my tree later today. THANK YOU for the lovely card too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!