Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy, Happy...I finished a painting!!!

I'm in such a good mood! I love the feeling you get when you finish a piece that you really put your heart into. I've been working on this for while now, every time I had a moment to spare. It's hard to balance art time with family, house work, and my day job. Something always has to give. This week it was laundry. It piles up quick around here. Sometimes I just have to let it pile up or I will never get time to play with my art supplies.

The little poem reads:

the towering oak
through winters bitter slumber
remembers her friends

It's a bit scary to share poetry. I feel kind of like it's letting someone read your diary.
I wrote this years ago in High School English when we were doing a segment on haiku's
and I think it's very fitting for this painting. Hope you like it.
♥Jenny

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jenny! Love the texture and colors! And of course the poem! Very lovely! Looking forward to following your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for jenny! it's beautiful. it is a great feeling, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweetheart,
    tower AWAY!
    it looks good on you.
    i remember my jenny friend,
    with much treelove. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting looks just beautiful Jenny!!! I'm sure you're beaming!!! I love your poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laundry waits; inspiration does not. You chose well and have a lovely painting to show for it; a fine haiku as well. Painting and poetry are not easy, neither is laundry, however you can compose poetry while washing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous painting and the haiku links perfectly with the gorgeous birds nesting in its branches.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this; I love trees, your is so special! I love the poem, a sweet sentiment~ See you branched out and let us see another side of you! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny:
    Fabulous painting and poem to go with it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny thanks for stopping by. Love this painting its gorgeous and your poetry is great!

    Amanda :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!