Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Sneak peek...

Just wanted to share a few pictures of the dress I'll be wearing in Paris! I'm leaving on Wednesday!!! Pictured below is the adorable corset. I'm not as slim as I'd like to be but I can't postpone my life til I'm thinner, so I'll be tying that corset as tight as I can. :)
This next picture is the bottom of the pantaloons, they're so cute!
And of course a peek at the dress. It will be a miracle if it's done in time. It is seriously going to be sooo gorgeous! I can't take any of the credit for the workmanship. I just cut out pattern pieces and sewed a pair of pantaloons. My mom has done the rest. She is in full on project mode right now. My mother is really an amazing woman. She made prom dresses for my sisters and I and made a beautiful wedding dress for me when I got married. I think she's as excited about this trip as I am. We originally thought about just doing a solid color fabric but then we found this brocade fabric and fell in love, and it was 50% off! My mom is also making a dress for my friend to wear. We are totally going to be princesses for a day.
My poor blog will be a bit neglected while I'm gone, but stay tuned for pictures and stories from the trip when I get home. Thank you to all my blog friends for your comments, it means so much to me. Here's a goodbye hug from me. xoxo
♥Jenny

9 comments:

  1. Wow...wow..wow!!!!

    Have a ridiculous amount of fun!!! Stay safe and say hi to the Mona Lisa for me!!!
    That dress is so COOL - what a lot of work that has gone into it!
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. paris?! how dreamy & delightful!!
    & princess for a day/in THAT dress!
    live out loud & twirl swirl love it! enjoy basking in being just as you want to be! yahoooooo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what an amazing dress! Safe travels and maybe get to meet you at the weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous (and fashion filled), indulgent and adventurous trip...drink it all in and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the well wishes my friends! I'm up late doing the last minute packing now and I fly out early tomorrow morning!
    Concetta: I will try to get in touch with you while I'm in London!
    ♥Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, la, la...the dress is gorgeous!
    I can't wait to see a pic of you n' your friend, enjoying your flash back into another time!!! Yes,
    enjoy the magic of the history that will surround and embrace you~! xXx

    Mom will be proud and her work is gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dress. You're a lucky girl. Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to see the photos =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the pictures when you get back! Lucky you do be able to wear a dress like that. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your dress is beautiful! I can't wait to see a picture of it on you...in Paris!!! And can't wait until you get back and post about your trip! What a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!