Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

A first for me...


I was feeling brave today as I set out to meet an online blogging friend (Lori) live and in person! Lots of thoughts swirling around in anticipation for our lunch date: is it safe to meet a stranger, would she like me, would I like her, will she be as nice in person, will we have anything to talk about, and on and on. You get the idea. Of course I had nothing to worry about. Lori was so friendly and our kids are close in age so we had something in common besides artsy stuff. I admit I was a wee bit intimidated since Lori is such a talented artist and I'm an art newbie but she put me at ease with her lovely smile and sparkly blue eyes. Thank you Lori for taking time out to get together with me!

Much Love,

Jenny

10 comments:

  1. How exciting for you. Sounds like the meeting went well. It's fun making new creative connections =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yay!! That is so cool! I wish I could meet you for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny that is so so cool you met Lori!! Good on you guys for reaching out to each other and meeting in person... awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaawww, Jenny you're so sweet! I had such a lovely time with you over lunch! I don't think of myself as a "better" artist! We are both creative souls who love to get paint and sticky gluey stuff on our fingers. I hope we can get together again soon! And have a fabulous time in Paris! THAT is going to be so INSPIRING!!! Can't wait to see your posts after you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful how art brings people together? And it sounds like you enjoyed sharing other topics as well - connecting feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun n' exciting, for you both!!!
    I think online relationships break through so many boundaries. The focus is different, you already shared a common theme, you took a class, your passion for art, enabled your friendship to grow! We create more than art; We are creating relationships. We allow souls to
    filter through and be exposed in such a unique, rare form and we know..."anything essential is invisible to the eyes"~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry(he was a pilot)
    xXx
    I am so thrilled for you; Paris bound! Oui, Oui You will have a life changing time~

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to meet an online friend. I know what you mean--it would be a little "scary" at first, but it would turn out great, because you really already know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking new and different over here Jenny Lee! You have been busy...! Are you on Facebook too? That's boggling my brain. But fun...! Keep up the good work, tj in germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful that you were both able to meet up. Just love what you have been creating - your artwork is awesome!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw this on Lori's blog too :) Sounds like you both had a great time! Nice necklace you have on in that photo ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!