Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Dress up day

Here's my adorable mom and I on our way to the Renaissance Fair. I had invited my travel buddy but she's training for a marathon so she wasn't able to go. My mom was such a good sport to dress up with me. We had so much fun getting all cinched into our corsets and getting dolled up. It seemed fitting that my mom was able to enjoy wearing her creation. She is such a talented seamstress.
We really felt like ladies of the court.
My sweet boy came along too, he's dressed as a peasant farmer. He was totally into his character and even smudged a little dirt on his face and tried to mess up his hair to really look the part. He is so dang cute.
The best part of the faire was the sword fighting and jousting. This was my first time at a renaissance faire, people really get into it from the costumes to the way they speak adding an eth on the end of every word. It was a lot of fun.

Thank you to all who dropped by and left a note for me on my last post. I'm feeling much better now. It's so wonderful to be connected with all you lovely ladies.
♥Jenny

10 comments:

  1. Jenny, these dresses are exquisite!! I'm so glad that you two were able to wear them and to a Renaissance Fair! How fun is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - your mother made those?? Those are amazing!! Those fairs can be a whole lot of fun if you let yourself enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny you and your Mom are so cute!
    You look amazing; Sounds like a wonderful time had by all~xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in awe of anyone who can sew creations such as these
    and you both look so nice in them too

    my mum wanted to go to Versailles when we were in Paris, I was heading to Chartres for the labyrinth and the tourist info centre told us it was not on the same train line, so mum said she'd come with me....

    she was livid as the train pulled into the station outside Versailles, about halfway out on the line to Chartres, I told her to just jump off and I'd see her back in Paris, but it was all a bit too scary for her....

    so, does that make you feel better - someone else missed Versailles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun seeing pics from the faire! your son is so cute and am sure he had lots of fun! i went to one years ago...pre-marriage even. it's like you're in another world. so many of those people really get into it with the way they talk and everything...fun! and thanks for adding my blog button to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very superbly cool pictures. You look gorgeous! I would love to go to a fair like that!! ♥♥ Thank you for the sweet comment you made on my blog! It is so good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is cute; I couldn't see the pic. I had to go into another network to see it...odd! Sounds like everyone had a great time~
    Look forward to hearing more about your trip~

    ReplyDelete
  8. soooo happy you are back.
    soooo sad you got sick
    soooo pleased that you have such an awesome mom that would go to the fair with you
    and your son...
    soooo cute.
    i mised you.
    let.s catch up soon.
    loves,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great dresses! I love the renaissance fair, and am jealous that you had such fabulous dresses to wear there. You and your mother are both so talented... : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello you! what amazing dresses and a beautiful day! Your son - how lovely!!

    Glad to see you all good and well, and if I haven't said it before - thank you for the photos - it was sooooo lovely to meet you.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting me!